Tripled Layered Ice Cream Crunch Cake
My Simplified Recipe
What you need:
9 1/2″ springform pan
9 Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches
1 (9 oz.) package chocolate cookies
one bottle of chocolate syrup.
1 (4.5QT) bucket of Neapolitan ice cream
1 (10 oz.) jar of Maraschino cherry’s (make sure they have stems)
1 can of whipped cream
sprinkles of choice
- Prepare your pan by lining the rim with wax paper ( I also lined the bottom of the pan, but don’t do that! It makes it difficult to cut and serve later).
- Open up one row of cookies and remove the cream. Feel free to snack on the yummy cream part as you go or feed them to your children, like I did. I may or may not have had a few myself ( I would suggest doing this with the entire package. One row didn’t quite make enough for the size pan I used).
- Place the chocolate parts of the cookie in a bag and smash away!
- Place the crumbled cookies in a bowl and poor a 1/4 cup chocolate syrup in, mix with a spoon. If you use the entire package of cookies use, 1/2 and 1/4 cup chocolate syrup.
- Cut up the sandwiches into fourths and line them along the edge of the pan with the cut side facing inward. So you can have the pretty side around the outside of your cake.
- Place a layer of strawberry ice cream into the pan from the bucket (hint: You’re supposed to put the cookie mix first).🤦🏻♀️
- Layer half of your cookie mix on top of the vanilla ice cream (this is where I realized I should have placed the cookie mix at the bottom of the pan first). It would have made a nice crust and for simpler serving later. I already started, so there was no going back.
- Place a layer of strawberry ice cream into the pan.
- Layer the last part of the cookie crumble on top.
- Place the last layer, chocolate ice cream, on top. Smooth it out to look nice.
- Cover with foil, to prevent freezer burn, and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Just before serving spray dollops of whipped cream around the top of your cake.
- Place a maraschino cherry on top of each dollop (mine didn’t have stems, it would have looked prettier with stems!).
- Sprinkle each dollop. I used sprinkles I already had in the pantry.
- Serve with extra chocolate syrup because, why not!?! Enjoy!!